|Join Earboard Forum / LOGIN! / Advertise / Contact Us|
Stats: 36838 members, 32272 topics. Cached on: Thursday, 16th September 2021
80 Likely Questions From In Dependent That Might Be Asked In Jamb 2018 Examination
|80 Likely Questions From In Dependent That Might Be Asked In Jamb 2018 Examination by Flex: 12:00 am On December 27, 2017|
Today we have bring to you, 80 Likely Questions From the “In Dependent” by Sarah Mayinka, That Might Be Asked In The 2018 JAMB Examination.
Answers are indicated by this sign (√)
1. “An old man should be contemplating his mortality than dreaming of women” – this statement was stated by who?
2. Which day of the week did Tayo leave Nigeria for Oxford in 1963?
3. How many people were in the car when Tayo was being taken to Uncle Kayode’s place?
4. The names of Tayo’s cousin in England were
5. In 1963, Uncle Kayode returned from abroad as
6. ‘You’re off to be a Baliol man’ – who stated this?
7. For what purpose is Tayo travelling to England?
8. What is the name of Tayo’s school in England?
9. What is the significance of Tayo’s visit to relatives before embarking on his journey to England?
10. Through what means of transportation does Tayo travel to England?
11. Why is Tayo surprised that people do
12. In what subject did Bisi receive the highest honours?
13. In the Ajayi motto, all things are expected to be done with moderation except what?
14. Who is Mr Barker?
15. What reminds Tayo of his mother in the Barkers’ house?
16. Christine was in her third year of study when?
17. What is Vanessa Richardson’s nationality?
18. What is the name of the friend that Vanessa wrote a letter to, concerning the status of women?
19. The full meaning of JACARI is?
20. What are Christine’s reasons for putting an end to her relationship with Tayo?
21. The language of fun among Tayo’s Nigerian friends is ?
22. What are the things that made Tayo remember home each time he is at Christine’s place?
23. What is the trait that Nessa cherises in Tayo and that is absence in Charlie and Mehul?
24. In Tayo’s opinion, what are the root causes of oil corruption and a broken civil service in Nigeria?
25. In what university was Tayo offered a job?
25. Who is Miriam?
26. Whose diary did Tayo discover in his study?
27. Why is Miriam loved by Tayo’s family?
28. Whose house is described as ‘Beauty in the Heart of Darkness’?
28. What is the name of the local artiste that took Tayo to the village?
29. What led to the closure of universities?
30. For what reason is Tayo Opposed to
31. In order of occurrence, what are the challenges Tayo faced that made him reconsider leaving Nigeria?
32. What was his purpose of planning to travel to New York, even though he eventually could not?
33. Why did Simon arrange a meeting for Tayo and whom did he hold it with?
34. What was the outcome of the meeting?
35. Who challenged Tayo on the road on his way home?
36. What reason did the soldiers give for bringing Tayo home?
37. What circumstance led to the death of Nessa’s mother?
38. What killed Tayo’s father?
39. By what means did Tayo’s mother die?
40. How many years of marriage did Nessa and Edward celebrate at their wedding anniversary?
41.Tayo was offered a job by ____ University in England but turned it down
42.Yusuf warned Tayo about his
43. How did Tayo meet Miriam?
44. When Tayo told Kemi of his first visit to the Aureol, Kemi thought the little girl Tayo saw was
45. Aunty Bayo was
46. Uncle Kayode married Helene in
47. ____ took Tayo to meet his uncle ____
48. In 1984, Tayo was Chair of the department of
49. Ike worked in
50. Why was Tayo unable to talk with the Old man he went to visit the second day he arrived?
51. The old man Tayo met started work with Lord Lugard in
52. The old man Tayo met had in possession Lord Lugard’s
53. How many nights had passed by the time Tayo left the Old man’s place?
54.What was the cause of Tayo’s mother’s death?
55. Where did Simon suggest that they (him, Tayo and their two girlfriends) spend Easter?
56. Christine died by?
57. Why did Tayo feel guilty about Christine’s death?
58. Who is the only family Tayo has in England?
59. Why does Vanessa’s father detest Uncle Tony?
60. What qualities did the narrator ascribe to Nancy?
61. What made Tayo realise how lucky he was for getting a scholarship at Balliol?
62. What do the signs: “No Dogs, No Irish, No Coloureds’’ (Africans and Indians) symbolise in the novel?
63. The least strenuous work was reserved for whom?
64. Where was bathing done since there is no bathroom in Tunde’s house?
65. For what purpose(s) did Tunde throw a party in his house?
66. ‘’Nigerian women are the best’’ who said this?
67. Whose wedding did Tayo and Vanessa attend?
68. Joyce was expected to be the bride, but the bride turned out to be whom?
69. ‘’No! Don’t Moremi me’’ Who made this statement?
70. Who is Dele?
71. What circumstance led to the end of Tayo and Vanessa’s relationship?
72. In this narrative, Nessa’s dreams as portrayed by the writer are…?
Now that we have the most likely questions from the In Dependent, we can now now discuss other important parts in this novel that were not talked about here.
Stay Updated with all Nigeria University News, Polytechnic News, JAMB UTME, Post-UTME, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, GCE and more;
Sections: News (1) Technology Education (2)
Earboard - Copyright @ 2016 - 2021 Forumer. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. DMCA Content Removal.
Disclaimer: Every member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Earbaord.