(0) (Reply) (Create New Topic) (Go Down)
|HOW TO MAKE WHEAT BREAD by opsgreeny: 10:23 pm On July 30, 2018|
HOW TO MAKE WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
2 cups (260 gms) whole wheat flour
1/2 cup (65 gms) bread flour or all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons (1 packet / 7 grams) instant yeast (or active dry yeast)
2 Tablespoons sugar (or honey but add honey after the milk)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (240 mL) 1% milk, heated to 120-130° F for instant yeast (or 110-120°F for active dry)
2 Tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
about 1/4 cup additional bread flour
1. Place flours, yeast, sugar & salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in milk, followed by oil and egg.
3. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
4. On low speed add about 1/4 cup bread flour until dough forms a mass.
5. Place dough on floured surface and knead 50 turns.
6. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
7. Shape dough into a loaf and place in a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 3/4-inch loaf pan.
8. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm spot until it’s one inch taller than the pan, about 35 minutes.
9. Meantime, preheat oven to 375° F.
10. Bake for 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, cover the top of the loaf with a foil tent to prevent over-browning.
11. Remove immediately from pan onto a cooling rack. Let it cool at least 10 minutes before slicing.wheat bread