This guide will help you to create a Wifi Hotspot direct on your computer just as you can create it on your android phones.
The process is quite simplified. You can create or host a Wifi Hotspot on your computer without installing any software or app. This feature has been tested both on Window Os and Mac Os, and it works fine on both.
How to Create or Host A Wifi Hotspot on Your Phone
Now, follow this guide to create your Wifi Hotspot. There are two ways you can use to enable Wifi on your Computer. You can create it using Command Prompt or Notepad.
First Method: Using Command Prompt
Please, remove quotation marks when entering any of the codes we used in this tutorial.
- Locate and click the Mac Button for Mac or Start for Windows
- Enter Command Prompt into the search box on your computer. This will bring up the command prompt icon.
- Right click command prompt and run it as an administrator .Run as An Administrator option can be found on the right click drop down menus
- Click Yes. By now, the command prompt should open
- Type “Netsh wlan show drivers” and click enter. Note that this command will display information to help you confirm that your can create Hotspot with command prompt.
- Look for Yes next to “Hosted Network Supported“. If you don’t see yes, it means probably that your computer doesn’t support the hosted Network feature
- Enter the code below into command prompt
- “Netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=earboard key=earboardforum
- Replace earboard and earboardforum with what you want your Hotspot name and password to be and press enter
- Type “Netsh wlan start hosted network” and press enter. This will turn on your Wifi Hotspot
- You can now exit command prompt and enjoy your hotspot.
Second Method: Using Notepad
To turn on Wifi Hotspot on your computer using Notepad, follow this guidelines
- Open Notepad, copy the following code below and paste into the notepad
- “Netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=earboard key=earboardforum“
- “Netsh wlan start hostednetwork“
- Save the notepad as .bat format, for example earboard.bat; replace Earboard with your network name and save
- Locate and right click on your saved file, and click run as administrator
- Wait while it processes the file
- Once the process completes, your Hotspot should be alive and running
- Connect your device with the password you set and enjoy your Hotspot
If you encounter any problem while following this tutorial, use the comment box to let us know.